How crime affects photographers in Jamaica

How Crime and violence Affects Photographers in Jamaica

https://buzzsouthafrica.com/top-10-most-feared-crime-in-south-africa-neither-murder-nor-rape-is-most-feared/


Being a Jamaican I am no stranger to crime and violence, however, I was not brought up in the extreme volatile environs where I have been exposed to the actual violence. The perspective from which I am coming is much like you an outsider looking in, the only difference is that I am sometimes in the physical situation.

Being a photographer it is in my nature to be adventurous and somewhat fearless, but sometimes this is not always a good thing, I have put myself in some weird situations shooting in uncharted territories. The fear is always present but yet I am always aware and alert. 

The fear that is must cripple for me as a photographer is being shot for doing what I really love. It is the ignorance of people that leads them to attack photographers because all we strive to do is create or capture the trueness of the moment.

Jamaica is a beautiful country it is a minor part of the population that gives us a bad name.

http://www.norbphotography.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Light Photography in Jamaica